Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Axe Defect




I like those Axe Deo ads that come on TV. Even the ones u get to see on youtube. Even though I find some of them stupid, like the one that had all those chicks running from all over the place to that deserted guy. My favorites are 2. The ha-ppy b'day one and ya the one where the girl has a fight with her boyfriend and walks out of the trailer on to the shoulder of the nerd.
If I was in those ads, I’d be walking in the opposite direction. No make that running in the opposite direction.
Why?
I’m allergic to Axe. That’s right.
I can’t stand the smell of it. It makes me sick. I either get nauseated or I get a headache.
How come? Why?
I’m a humanoid female alien. That’s why.
Sorry I don’t have another explanation. C’mon… if certain girls can be allergic to flowers, I can be allergic to the almighty Axe.
Well it depends…there are times when I can’t smell the Axe. Of course that would mean that your deo has faded far far away.
I had an Axe 'incident' the other day when I was traveling by bus to the city, half way along the trip of group of 8 guys load the bus. All stinking of Axe. I was just waiting for the bus to reach my final destination so I cud get rid of my headache.
Well the ride lasted about 5 mins... but with a bus full of axe, it feels like forever.
*shudder*
So u must be wondering what makes me all clingy like those Axe chicks right?
Take a wild guess…tell me your answers in the comment box. I’ll reveal the answer in my next post.
Ciao

18 reflections:

Anonymous said...

Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.

The Solitary Writer said...

hmm axe effect haan
:p

even i liked the same ad u mentioned about....

so wht makes u clinging like those axe chicks ???

thinking

:p

Shrey Gandhi said...

haha..cool..nice work

Comfortably Numb said...

Atleast I dont know girls who are allergic to flowers :P
Anway yea even Im not too crazy about axe. The fragrance is kindaa monotonous.

About your question...IDK

Cheers!

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

Maybe you have a AXE up your sleeves and you thinking of axing them!

Sukanya said...

hey..
know what!!

i'm allergic to roses and axe!!! can't stand either of them!!

Anonymous said...

Hi ,

I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be wow.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog ‘Dark Chokolayte’ took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

Cheers,

CRD said...

hehe.
ive tried axe once before. axe pulse to be specific. it never brought even hens close, leave alone chicks. ok, i didnt buy AXE coz i wanted to be a chick magnet :P. but it didnt work.

im allergic to too much deo, especially the one my sis uses. shes very generous wid her deos..her finger stays put on the button for 30 secs atleast. all the varieties she uses, FA, rexona, watever it is, im allergic to

Rajesh said...

I love AXE...esp phoenix n dimension...but too much of anything is disrurbing...i agree wit u

P.S: do read my blog wen u find time

Sandeep Balan said...

exactly the contrast of what the ad says...he he...good one!!

kyamaloom said...

AXE is old n boring and not 'cool' anymore. Though the word 'cool' itself is not cool anymore. :P

Matangi Mawley said...

point is- i hate flowers.. i hate perfumes.. they make me feel dizzy and give me head ache!
so- the ad.. it never impressed me.. i thought they were rather stupid..

Silver Polish said...

hahaha...too much of anythn is nt good....
certainly thats the case with too much of axe sprayed all over the body an clothes...

yeah i also get fed up of some very strong perfumes some girls spray...

Zen Wizard said...

Good title.

I have heard of other people who are allergic to it.

edson_dias said...

I'm not too fond of AXE.

Anonymous said...

Hello
buy zoloft
Many suffering from social anxiety and panic disorders have found relief through using Zoloft.
[url=http://www.wildbird-watching.com/]sertraline drug[/url]
Many suffering from social anxiety and panic disorders have found relief through using Zoloft.
http://www.wildbird-watching.com/ - sertraline 50 mg
The abundance of serotonin which is brought about by SSRIs such as Zoloft leads to a more relaxed mental status for those suffering from anxiety and depression.

Anonymous said...

новый год уже вот-вот ))

Vishal Bharathraj said...

Mandy!!...
How you been, love?

I agree...Axe is pathetic. Spykar, Norsca and UDV are the shiz!

- Vishal